Tuesday, March 16, 2010

To the Family from Bill Lott

To Alberta and Her Family:
I met Joy more than 30 years ago when I was Manager of a Financial Institution in Osoyoos. Right from the Get-Go, I knew this was a Gentleman I would like. Forthright, knowledgeable and courteous. Business dealings were comfortable, straight up and beneficial for both of us. A treat in the world of Money and Banking. I would see Joy from time to time and always enjoyed our meetings. In 1980, I was transferred away from Osoyoos, but I never forgot Joy; his smile, his confidence and his larger than life persona.
Some twenty-five years later, Joy walked back into my life. We talked investments and how a conservative philosophy would be a good path to follow. What I remember best is when we discussed the virtues of an investment. Why it was good or not good to own. I soon learned his mind was never idle. Then, after he had heard enough, he would state, "Bill! I want some of this and this; let's do the Deal." And that was it. After he left there was always a 'Feel Good' in the Office.
I believe we are here for a while to help our Families, our Brother Man, to make the World better for having been here. Joy did all of that and while I will miss him, I will certainly not forget him or the strong values that he represents.
Bill Lott

No comments:

Post a Comment